Thanksgiving is a powerful act, but many have failed to realize it. Many have spent time under going deliverance and prayer programmes while all God demands from us are thanksgiving. There is power and strength in thanksgiving.
What is Thanksgiving?
The act of giving thanks to God for things, which He has done and provided for us.
As Christians, when we give thanks to God from our hearts, God is magnified. Gratitude glorifies God. Givers are more glorious than receivers. Benefactors are more glorious than beneficiaries. When we thank God, we acknowledge and display that he is the giver; he is the benefactor. The all-sufficient God, who owns and controls all things, demand from the creature he has made gratitude. He demand’s that we stop be great in our own eyes and become small that he might appear great.
Four ways to give thanks
1) By calling on God to appreciate Him for all He has done for us
2) By giving our testimony of His good deed
3) By singing songs of thanksgiving
4) To give thanksgiving offering, giving to the needy among us.
What happens when you give thanks to God
1) When you give thanks to God, he will arise and deliver you. “Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me” (Psalms 50:14-15).
2) He will fight your battles, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12).
3) Gate of God, will open on to you, “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name” (Psalms 100:4). The key to the gate of God is thanksgiving.
4) Your wall of Jericho will fall flat.
5) Impossibility become’s possible
6) He will release miracle and deliverance, those things you did not pray for will start to happen in your life.
7) God will restore your life, the good things and everything the enemy stole from you